Yes, I’d like to thank him, but I’m not convinced this isn’t a pathetic chain letter/Ponzi scheme based on bloggers’ egos (bleegos, for short), instead of cash. Which is sad, really, cuz I could use the cash. Or even a shapely leg lamp. Also, pretty sure it was the goats who nominated me…
But who cares, as long as we get to meet new bloggers and Scientology is not involved? Visit Wrenfoe and his goats over at Flibbertigibbet. Don’t tell him I sent you.
Accepting this Major Award means coming up with a list of other Bloggers that I admire (even though some of them don’t know I exist — and let’s keep it that way). Nowhere does it say I actually have to notify them of their Major Awards, so I’m keeping all the awards for myself. Here they are: 15 (I can’t count) Blogs/Bloggers, at least one of which/whom is even more in(s)ane than I am. Check them out. Because, let’s face it — you’re nuts, too, and have too much time on your hands, or you wouldn’t be here.
- Listen to Me; Our CEO Speaks
- Moody Writing
- Carol Ervin’s Blog
- the “blog” of “unnecessary” quotation marks
- The Problem with Young People Today Is…
- 3 Quarks Daily
- Jane Friedman’s blog
- The Bookshelf Muse
- The Oatmeal Blog
- All Fooked Up
- The Bloggess
- History with a Twist
Accepting this Major Award also means I have to tell you seven things about myself. Hold your noses and read fast. It will all be over in a moment.
1) I’m a Scorpio. Which means nothing. Astrology is bollocks.
2) I am American, not British. I just like saying “bollocks.”
3) Blogging was something I swore I’d never do. (Swearing is bad, and yet I highly recommend it. Bollocks.)
4) My desk chair is an antique — a family heirloom. It’s hard, it squeaks, and I think its feelings would be hurt if I replaced it with something comfortable. Luckily, I have well-padded buttocks. Which rhymes with bollocks.
5) I don’t have any of those.
6) I have no children, either – not in any sizes.
7) Here’s my favorite article today, about a pig whose forehead looks like Yoda and who might just start a new religion. Stranger things have happened.